Last Updated on January 12, 2023 by Humaira Haque
Convection ovens are becoming increasingly popular in home kitchens, and for good reason.
They can do the job of multiple appliances, including an air fryer.
So, can you air fry in a convection oven?
The answer is yes! You can air fry in a convection oven. But to air fry, you need to change the convection settings of your convection oven.
In this post, I am going to share a detailed discussion so that you can get a clear idea about whether you can air fry in a convection oven.
So, without making any delay, let’s dive right in…
What Temperature Do You Air Fry in a Convection Oven?
When using an air fryer in a convection oven, the temperature should be set to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
This will ensure that the food is cooked evenly and thoroughly.
Also Read: Can You Use Cast Iron In your Convection Oven?
What’s the Difference between an Air Fryer And a Convection Oven?
An air fryer is a small appliance that uses convection to cook food.
A convection oven is a large appliance that also uses convection to cook food.
Both appliances work by circulating hot air around the food, which cooks it evenly and quickly.
The main difference between an air fryer and a convection oven is size.
An air fryer is much smaller than a convection oven, so it takes up less counter space and uses less energy.
Additionally, an air fryer can be used to cook small meals or snacks for one or two people, while a convection oven is better suited for cooking larger meals for multiple people.
Another difference between an air fryer and a convection oven is how they circulate the hot air.
An air fryer has a fan that circulates the hot air around the food, while a convection oven has vents in the back that allow hot air to circulate through the entire oven cavity.
Additionally, most convection ovens have an additional setting specifically for using the convection feature, whereas an air fryer will typically have just one setting for cooking with hot air circulation.
Read More: Can You Use Silicone Bakeware In A Convection Oven?
How to Air Fry Chicken in a Convection Oven?
Air frying chicken in a convection oven is a healthier alternative to deep frying, and it yields crispy, juicy results.
Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your convection oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken breasts (with the skin on) onto a wire rack that has been coated with cooking spray. Make sure the chicken is not touching each other so that hot air can circulate evenly.
- Cook for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
How to Air Fry in My Oven?
Air frying is a healthier alternative to deep frying as it uses less oil and produces less harmful chemicals.
Plus, it’s super easy to do in your oven!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut whatever you’re air frying into small pieces so that they cook evenly. If you’re using frozen food, make sure to thaw it first.
3. Place the food on a wire rack or in a basket designed for air frying. Make sure there’s space between each piece so that hot air can circulate properly.
4. Spray the food with cooking spray or brush on some oil before cooking. This helps it get crispy!
5. Place the rack or basket in the oven and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on what you’re making. Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn!
Also Read: Can You Use Aluminum In Your Convection Oven?
Convection Oven Air Fryer Recipes
Convection ovens have been around for a while, but air fryers are a relatively new invention.
So what happens when you combine the two?
You get some seriously delicious food!
Here are some of our favorite convection oven air fryer recipes:
1. Air Fryer Chicken Wings – These chicken wings are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The perfect game day snack!
2. Air Fryer French Fries – Who doesn’t love french fries? Make them in your air fryer for a healthier option that’s still just as tasty.
3. Air Fryer Veggie Chips – Craving something crunchy?
These veggie chips will do the trick! They’re also a great way to use up any veggies you have lying around.
4. Air Fryer Fried chicken – This is one of our all-time favorite recipes!
The key to perfectly crispy fried chicken is using an air fryer. Trust us, it makes all the difference.
5. Air Fryer Salmon – Looking for a healthy recipe?
This air fryer salmon is perfect! It’s packed with protein and omega-3 fatty acids, and it’s so easy to make.
Read More: Can You Replace A Regular Oven With A Microwave Oven?
How to Air Fry in Kitchenaid Convection Oven?
Air frying is a healthier alternative to deep frying, and it’s easy to do in your Kitchenaid Convection Oven.
Simply preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, then place your food in the air fryer basket.
Cook for the recommended time, then enjoy your delicious, crispy meal!
Can You Air Fry With A Convection Oven Video?
Air frying is a popular cooking method that uses hot air to cook food. While you can air fry in a convection oven, it’s not the ideal cooking method for this type of food.
Air fryers are specifically designed for air frying, and they do a better job at circulating hot air around the food, which results in evenly cooked food.
If you’re set on using your convection oven to air fry, there are a few things you can do to make sure your food turns out well.
First, preheat your oven to the highest setting possible. Second, use an oil sprayer to evenly coat your food with oil before cooking. And finally, cook your food in batches so that it doesn’t overcrowd the pan and prevents even cooking.
I think now you have got a clear idea about whether you can air fry in your convection oven.
Still, if you have any questions regarding this topic, you can send me a message.
I will try to help you out.
Also, you can check out this website to get updated usage tips about convection oven.
This is all I have for you this time.
See You Soon!